Terms and conditions
Aesop France SARL (hereinafter “Aesop”) is a limited liability company having its registered office at 20 Rue Bonaparte, 75006 Paris, registered with the Registry of Commerce and Companies under number 492 842 729.
Aesop contact details: Aesop EU Online, 65 rue Condorcet, Paris, 75009, France
Phone number [no extra-charges for calls relating to the perfomance of the order or claims]:+33 1 40 16 14 95
Acceptance of the Terms of Trade
Amendment to the Terms of Trade
Aesop has the right to amend these Terms of Trade from time to time. The amendments brought to the Terms of Trade will be applicable to any order registered after the amended Terms of Trade are online.
Please read these Terms of Trade carefully as they contain important information including warranty disclaimers and limitations of liability. You acknowledge that you have read and accepted these Terms of Trade.
Definitions and Application
1. In these Terms of Trade, "Aesop" means Aesop France SARL, trading as Aesop, 'you' means the individual who is ordering product on the website, and the "Products" means the Aesop products which may be ordered on the www.aesop.com website.
2. By purchasing a Product on the website, you formally accept, without reserve, these Terms of Trade which apply to any purchase delivered in a European country.
The online sale of Products offered on the www.aesop.com website is intended to individuals who are residing within the European Union and for delivery within this geographic area.
The Products covered by these Terms of Trade are those presented on the www.aesop.com website, within the limits of available stocks.
Aesop will make its best efforts so that the photograph of the Products is as good as possible. Please note, however, that the representation of the Products as reproduced from your screen may differ from the exact Product.
The Shipping Fee will be:
1.where the Order is to be delivered to an address in France:
a. free of charge where the Product Subtotal is 60€ inc. VAT or greater
b. 6€ inc. VAT where the Product Subtotal is less than 60€ inc. VAT.
2. where the Order is to be delivered to another country belonging to the European Union:
a. free of charge where the Product Subtotal is 120€ inc. VATor greater
b. 12€ inc. VAT where the Product Subtotal is less than 120€ inc. VAT.
The Delivery time will be:
1. Where the Order is to be delivered to an address within Metropolitan France, Aesop will use reasonable endeavours to deliver the Order within 6 working days (Monday-Friday excluding official public holidays) from the date the Order was submitted by you
2. Where the Order is to be delivered to an address in another country belonging to the European Union address, Aesop will use reasonable endeavours to deliver the Order within 10 working days from the date the Order was submitted by you;
3. You will be required to sign for all deliveries.
1. To submit an order for Products you must:
a. create an account with Aesop on this website by registering your details and creating a password which will be associated to your username (the email address which you have indicated)
b. complete and submit the online order through your Aesop account.
2. Aesop reserves the right to refuse any order. In such case, Aesop will notify you as soon as reasonably practicable, providing you with the reasons for such refusal, and refund to you any payment in full.
Prices and Payment
1. All prices on the website are in Euros and are inclusive of VAT. Any change in the VAT rate may be applied to the Products. Prices are subject to change without notice, being accepted that the price applicable to any order is the price indicated on the website at the time of submitting the order.
2. The amount payable to Aesop for an order will be the total of the following amounts:
a. the sum of the price of each Product ordered as indicated on the website at the time of submitting the order (Product Subtotal);
b. the cost of delivery determined in accordance with Delivery stated above, and
3. You must pay the order amount by credit card at the time of submitting the order. Payments will be made through the securised systems PayPal or Cybersource, which uses the SSL “Secure Socket Layer” protocol, so that all information is encrypted by a software and no third-parties may have access to this information during its communication on the web.
4. Where the Order is to be delivered to some countries in the European Union, you may need to pay customs charges to the government in addition to the order amount.
When selling online, the seller is only bound by a limited duty; its liability may not be sought for damages resulting from the use of Internet such as the loss of data, any intrusion, virus, service disruption or other non-voluntary issues.
1. Aesop reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to take any of the following measures if you fail to make a payment in accordance with these Terms of Trade:
a. withhold supply and dispose of the Products requested in the order, and/or
b. refuse to deal further with you, and Aesop will not be liable to you for any loss or damage directly or indirectly resulting from any such action.
2. You have sole responsibility for determining the suitability of the Products for the purposes for which you intend to use them.
3. Subject to the following "Warranty" clause and to the fullest extent permitted by law, the liability of Aesop for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of Aesop breaching its obligations under these Terms of Trade or other tortious duty (including arising by reason of defects in the Products) is limited to a refund or replacement of the relevant Products.
Aesop gives no commercial warranty in respect of the Products, in compliance with Articles L.211-15 and seq. of the French Consumer Code.
The Products are subject to the legal warranty provided by Articles 1641 and seq. of the French Civil Code, as well as by the provisions of Articles L. 211-4 and seq. of the French Consumer Code.
In case of non-conformity of the Product, such Product may be returned without charges to the seller which will proceed with its replacement. Failing that, the terms of Article L. 211-10 of the French Consumer Code will apply:
“If the reparation or replacement of the product are not possible, the purchaser may return the product and have the price reimbursed, or keep the product and have the price partially reimbursed.
The same is applicable:
1. If the solution asked, proposed or reached by application of Article L.211-9 cannot be implemented within 1 month of the purchaser’s claim;
2. Or, if this solution cannot be implemented without major inconvenience caused to the purchaser because of the nature of the product or the intended use.
The resolution of the sale may not be decided if the conformity defect is minor.
Your right to cancel the purchase
Under Article L. 121-20 of the French Consumer Code, you have the right to return the Products, without any justification nor any penalty. However, if the return of the Products is not motivated by a product defect or an error committed by Aesop, you will bear the shipping charges for the return.
You may exercise this right within 7 days from the receipt of the Products.
If you exercise this right to cancel the purchase, you will return, at your own costs, the Products ordered, in a state fit for their new commercialisation, to the following address: Aesop EU Online, 256 rue Saint-Honoré, 75001 Paris, France.
Aesop will reimburse you within 30 days from the exercise of your right to cancel the purchase.
Refunds and Returns
Only Products purchased on the www.aesop.com website can be returned to Aesop for refund or exchange. Products purchased in a department store, specialty retailer or elsewhere must be returned to their original point of purchase.
Should you make an error when ordering online, Aesop will gladly exchange your Product for the Product you intended to purchase. The returned item must be unopened and in its original saleable condition. You are responsible for the shipping and additional postage charges.
In the event that you react to a product, you have the option of exchanging or refunding it.
All Products must be returned to Aesop EU Online, 65 rue Condorcet, Paris, 75009, France. The customer is responsible for the shipping costs incurred when sending the Products back to Aesop. In France, the shipping charge of €8.50 inc. VAT will be payable if the subsequent refund reduces the original order amount to below the free shipping threshold of €90 inc. VAT.
Should a Product be damaged while it is being shipped to you by us, Aesop will provide you with a full refund or exchange. Return postage will be reimbursed in case of damaged, defective or incorrectly sent Products and a reimbursement will be issued in the original form of payment.
In all cases, original proof of purchase must be provided and Products must be returned within 14 days of receipt for Aesop to process any refund or exchange. Please call +33 1 40 16 14 95 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of your intention to return or exchange a Product, so that Aesop staff can assist you with a smooth transaction.
Please retain your postal receipt until you are certain your parcel has been safely received by Aesop. We may need to see this if we fail to receive your package.
We will do our best to process returns within 10 business days of receipt and a reimbursement will be issued through the credit card used for payment.
If Aesop is delayed or hindered in or prevented from performing any of its obligations under any order by reason of any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control, Aesop will have no liability to you in respect of such non-performance and the time for performing the same will be extended until the event or circumstance has ceased.
These Terms of Trade are governed by French law and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with their interpretation or execution will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Paris courts, provided it is acceptable under applicable laws;
The information contained in this document apply to the online sale website directed by Aesop France SARL.
The Terms of Trade and Frequently Asked Questions relevant to our other regions can be found in the footer of our international web stores. These can be accessed by selecting 'Shop Online' in the main menu, and choosing your region from the list that appears below.