Triquetra Temporary Tattoo - Set of 3
Triquetra temporary tattoo.
|Nº of tattoos||3|
|Size||0.6 in / 1.5 cm (width)|
The triquetra is a powerful symbol that has been around for thousands of years and has made appearances across many diverse cultures. Today, it is commonly associated with Celtic traditions and is frequently featured in Irish jewelry and artwork.
Archaeologists have found triquetra-like designs in Anatolian and Persian artwork from the 4th century BCE. This early fascination with three-fold designs continued throughout the centuries but became more prevalent in architecture and illuminated manuscripts around 700 CE. In these examples, it was used as a Christian symbol that represented the Holy Trinity.
The earliest use of the triquetra in Celtic traditions would not have referenced the Holy Trinity, but one of the threefold beliefs systems they held - for example, the tripartite division of the world or a Celtic Triple Goddess. Our triquetra temporary tattoo references the design that is now widespread across Ireland and featured in Celtic artwork.
With three interlocking knots, this design has a balanced and elegant feel to it. We designed our triquetra fake tattoo using black soy-based ink and strong lines to give it a bold appearance on your skin. It comes in a set of three, so you can try out different placements or share one with a friend. For a variation on this theme, we offer a mother-child symbol temporary tattoo, which is also inspired by Celtic traditions.
- Don't hold back! FREE SHIPPING in orders over US$13
- 10% DISCOUNT if your cart exceeds US$20, use code: 20PLUS
- A Tatteco last 2-5 days on average
- We suggest placing the Tatteco on oil-free areas where the skin does not stretch and keeping them clean!
- Plastic-free, environmentally friendly product and packaging
- Safe, FDA-compliant, created using eco-friendly materials, such as soy-based inks and non-toxic adhesives
- Tattecos come in sets, perfect for experimenting with different placements, trying out a matching tattoo or sharing one with a friend