Hokusai's The Great Wave off Kanagawa Temporary Tattoo - Set of 3
Japanese ukiyo-e artist Hokusai's The Great Wave off Kanagawa temporary tattoo.
|Nº of tattoos||3|
|Size||2.8 x 1.8 in / 7 x 4.5 cm|
When you think about Japanese artwork, it’s likely that Hokusai’s painting The Great Wave Off Kanagawa comes to mind. This iconic painting is among the most well-known Japanese artworks in the Western world. Created by Hokusai Katsushika in 1831, this image is part of a series of prints that feature various views and perspectives of Mount Fuji. We are proud to showcase this beautiful work in our The Great Wave Off Kanagawa temporary tattoo.
The Great Wave is the most famous of these woodblock prints and is celebrated around the world for the dynamism and power it displays. In this image, we see an enormous wave that seems almost claw-like as it threatens to consume the tiny boats below. The shape of the waves has a menacing quality, which reflects the fear that would have been felt by the people aboard.
This print reminds us of the power of nature and the delicacy of human life. Without a healthy respect for nature, it can consume us completely. The Great Wave is also an enduring symbol of Japan, thanks to its recognition around the world and the iconic depiction of Mount Fuji in the background.
If you are attracted to this painting, you might consider getting it inked on your skin. Our Hokusai’s The Great Wave temporary tattoo is a full-color replication of this important work. It comes in a set of three, so you can try out different placements before getting inked. If you’re looking for a different take on this design, be sure to check out our minimalist variation of The Great Wave.
- Don't hold back! FREE SHIPPING in orders over US$9
- 10% DISCOUNT if your cart exceeds US$20, use code: 20PLUS
- A Tatteco last 2-5 days on average
- We suggest placing the Tatteco on oil-free areas where the skin does not stretch and keeping them clean!
- Plastic-free, environmentally friendly product and packaging
- Safe, FDA-compliant, created using eco-friendly materials, such as soy-based inks and non-toxic adhesives
- Tattecos come in sets, perfect for experimenting with different placements, trying out a matching tattoo or sharing one with a friend